- When you are stuck, discovering one of your assumptions was wrong opens the door to all kinds of new ways to move forward
- When you are are able to admit being wrong, it builds trust and connection between other humans who have also experienced the uncomfortableness of changing your mind in public.
- It’s the first step on pretty much every growth journey
- It’s a great way to release beliefs that no longer serve you
- It keeps you humble
- It makes you more compassionate in the face of other people’s mistakes
- Sometimes it’s really funny
- Getting good at finding where you are wrong helps you feel more confident when you are right
- The more you do it, the more you realize it’s not the end of the world. Being wrong is totally survivable so avoiding it isn’t a good reason to avoid trying new things.
- Helps you discard a “know-it-all” reputation
- Makes it more likely that people will feel comfortable telling you about ways you might be wrong that you wouldn’t have been able to discover on your own
What are your favorite things about being wrong?
Leave a Reply