It’s starting to get cold in Ohio, which means I’m having my annual internal dialogue about why I continue to live here. I have a job where I can live anywhere, so why am I still living a place where frozen water will fall from the sky on the regular?
Since I have recently committed to writing these internal thoughts on this blog for public consumption, you now get to be part of the fun. Keeping in mind that I have a vent cat, and will need for her to decide to stay topside before I can do anything, so this is mostly long-term planning of which little or nothing will come for awhile at least.
Here are the criteria:
- Must be warmish most of the year. Bonus points if the trade off isn’t crazy hot 3-6 months a year, but I can be flexible on that.
- Reasonably priced real estate. This is an aspect of living in Dayton that I love and have grown accustomed to.
- Interesting things to do. By interesting I mean nature stuff, arts stuff (especially music and theatre), gaming stuff.
- Bonus: Someone I know already lives there, or close to there
- Bonus: Employment opportunities for mobile developers.
- Bonus: Blue state
Hit me with where I should live next in the comments. Bonus points for photos and a point by point defense of how your city meets my criteria.